Two Vietnams, living side by side in peace?
Just curious, how many Vietnams do YOU think there are?
According to Wikipedia, there is only one Vietnam. That’s not really a new thing, it’s been that way since 1975 when the US pulled out and let the communist North Vietnam invade the South.
That speech by Sheila Jackson-Lee was possibly the most embarrassing speech by a Congressperson in 2010.
Immediately after that speech, she had to defend herself in a local election. She got about 70%. In 2012, after her people had a chance to consider the intelligence of their representative and make their opinion known, 75% voted for her anyway. By 2014, when apparently more people had a chance to ponder what was representing them, she only got 72% of the vote. So, the impact of being really ignorant of stuff fifth graders know pretty well is you gain 2 to 5% percent in Houston.
Sheila Jackson-Lee has given the world a profound amount of inane comments and very obviously racist opinions. But, that’s apparently what the people of TX-18 want.
Houston, you have given us a problem.
This will be a thread on my blog. I don’t blame the very stupid politicians in office as most people want to do. I blame the people that put them there. Politicians are not Illuminati or assigned by some deity. It is you, the voter, who puts them there. And, in this case, and many others you’ll see here, it’s the voter that ignores the obvious and votes for them regardless of what they do as an elected official. So, don’t blame the party, don’t blame the media, don’t blame some generic label like “good ole boys”. It’s you, the voter, who’s 100% at fault. In TX-18, there are about 650,000 people. The most votes Jackson-Lee has ever gotten as 146,000+ in 2012. In the last race she got 76,000+. That means less than 12% of the voters determined what the other 88% got.
If you don’t vote, you get what you deserve and you can’t blame it on anyone else. Period.
Now you’ve got a good idea where I’m coming from on politics. Keep reading at your own risk.